AVM was originally founded as Knowles-Fisher Corporation in Gowanda, New York in 1939. We were engaged in the manufacture of cast bronze automotive heater water control valves and other cast and machined assemblies. A continuing product development program in the 1940s yielded the RTCO water valve concept that provided significant growth to the operation and is still in active production today.
At that time a new vacuum actuator line of products emerged. Subsequently, through continuous development efforts, we have grown to be the largest independent U.S. manufacturer of these devices.
In 1967, AVM Corporation purchased Knowles-Fisher Corporation and continued operating as Knowles-Fisher Division of AVM Corporation, while providing the capital support necessary for our rapidly expanding business.
In 1978 the Automotive Products Division name replaced the Knowles-Fisher name. With our operating headquarters and product development facilities located in Marion, South Carolina, we are providing strong abilities in development of engineered products, metal stamping, welding, brazing, plating, machining, assembly and testing; all with major emphasis on quality.